Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Your Parrotlet's Health > Parrotlet Diet

Notices

Parrotlet Diet Discuss the diets of parrotlets here. Recipes can go here too.

goldenfeast blends

This thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 208 times.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
veneri

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

veneri is on a distinguished road

goldenfeast blends

I still go back and forward about feeding pellets. It just doesn't feel right, but i also don't want to feed a seed diet.
I came across the goldenfeast blends, i love the ingredients, it should be a complete diet and i would like to feed this instead of pellets and/or a normal seedmix.
no need to discus pellets here, i know the con's and pro's. just want to know what your expriences are with goldenfeast blends.
what blend is favorite and do they eat everything?
veneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
Grace

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Grace is on a distinguished road

My guys love the Petite Hookbill blend and the Australian blend.
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
My guys love the Petite Hookbill blend and the Australian blend.
Veneri, Grace has a great suggestion. My 8 year old p'lett got himself into a rut about eating. I tried everything. He lost a lot of weight.
Then, Grace suggested that I try Goldenfeast Petite Hook bill blend and Goldenfeast Australian blend and, POOF! He started eating the seeds. I do not know what it was about these blends, but they smell wonderful and it helped Bogie out of his rut. Be careful when you purchase these blends. It pays to shop around! Bogie looks great, now that he has been on these blends for about 4 or 5 months.

Dave and Bogie
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #4
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

Jules, my parrotlet hen eat Nutriberries. They are nuggets of seed and pellets held together with a "glue" that contains vitamins. She is a rescue and at that time was a seed junkie eating the cheapest seed available. I never could get her to pellet only diet but the Nutriberries make a good compromise for us. They have a variety of types of Nutriberries so I typically get an assortment and mix them so she gets a variety of types. (See link below) Some do not care for the Nutriberries because of the amount of corn in them. They also come in types for different birds. Each size up is a little different mixture of ingredients and a little larger size nugget and a little harder nugget. At first we could only get her to eat parakeet pellets, now she prefers Cockatiel Pellets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She also eats a fairly large amount of table food either raw or cooked so she gets a large variety of stuff. Anything from a little toast to a bit of lean chicken or cooked egg.
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #5
veneri

I love the ingredients in the goldenfeast blends. problem is that i cannot buy this food in the Netherlands, so i have to get it shipped. very expensive, it doubles the food price, but if i order enough for a year i think it will be reasonable.
another option is to create my own blend, but i'm not sure if a homemade blend can be as complete as the goldenfeast products.

the ingredients i can find over here are mentioned in this thread: http://talkparrotlets.com/showthread.php?t=76369

i could leave the eggfood out and maybe supplement with a complete vitamin/mineral supplement a couple of times a week, i could ad some nuts and bee pollen
Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 AM   #6
rizzie5022

Parrotlets Owned: 1

rizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by veneri View Post
I love the ingredients in the goldenfeast blends. problem is that i cannot buy this food in the Netherlands, so i have to get it shipped. very expensive, it doubles the food price, but if i order enough for a year i think it will be reasonable.
another option is to create my own blend, but i'm not sure if a homemade blend can be as complete as the goldenfeast products.

the ingredients i can find over here are mentioned in this thread: http://talkparrotlets.com/showthread.php?t=76369

i could leave the eggfood out and maybe supplement with a complete vitamin/mineral supplement a couple of times a week, i could ad some nuts and bee pollen
I used to feed my guy Goldenfeast Petite hookbill, I would keep it in the freezer and it smelled good enough to eat when I opened the top.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #7
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

I love the Petite Hookbill blend, I feel so good about feeding it. I also am a fan of the Nutriberries for the extra vitamins over pellets and my birds LOVE them. Even my Parakeet's eat the Cockatiel ones. They are not much different than the Parakeet nutriberries except the ratio of seeds is different. I like making a custom dry mix for non-perishable daily food. I've posted it before but I'll put it here again. (It may seem a bit overboard but I gathered the ingredients a bit at a time and now I only restock some things occasionally)

Nutriberries Cockatiel (I break them up first)
Goldenfeast Petite Hookbill
Volkmans Parrotlet seed
Volkmans or Dr Harvey's Parakeet seed
Oat groats
Black sun flower seed (a little)
Twin Beaks Aviary Herb salad
Egg food
Sanitized crushed egg shell
Bee pollen
Flax seed
Spirulina

I just mixed a giant bowl last night. My birds tent to drop the Nutriberries if I don't crush them. I put them in a bowl and break a handful at a time with a meat pounder.
Each ingredient decrease in amount down the list.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #8
tijya

tijya will become famous soon enough

Our fur and feather family loves oat groats. I'm out though. But it was nice to have something that I could give to the birds and the bunnies.
tijya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
lindav

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

So glad to hear that Nutriberries are being used for their birdies. Ollie favors one kind it seems, I have tried to get him to eat another kind of petite blend of Nutriberry, but he rejected it.
Back to his regular routine.
Just ordered goldenfeast legume feast, which he tried for the first time yesterday. He seemed to be OK with it to add to his seeds. Trial and error I guess. Outside birds will benefit from the mistakes!
Old 06-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #10
veneri

@Mrs.JP3:
i read yyou mix spirulina in your dryfood mix. is this a powder?