Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk > Parrotlet Housing

Notices

Parrotlet Housing Discuss parrotlet housing here.

Hagen vision II cage

This thread has 17 replies and has been viewed 437 times.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:39 AM   #1
veneri

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

veneri is on a distinguished road

Hagen vision II cage

what are your experiences with this cage?
i think it looks kind of cheap because of al the plastic, but it looks like a very handy, anti-mess cage!

is the cage durable? and how are the accesoires, do you use the bowls and perches?

is the small size big enough for one parrotlet? or is the medium size better?
I have two birds and would need two cages. the best place for them is in the quiet place of the living room. two small cages would fit best, they are about they same size as their current cages.
i think they are kinda small, but my birds seem to be very happy with it and are just as active as they were in their previous flight cages.
so should i choose the small or maybe the medium cage?

Last edited by veneri; 04-17-2017 at 04:45 AM..
veneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #2
veneri

also, would you choose the extra tall model?
Old 04-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
theteenygirl

Parrotlets Owned: 1

theteenygirl is on a distinguished road

I haven't used this cage, but just in general I wouldn't go for an extra tall model for a parrotlet cage. I have a taller than wider cage for Levi and I think about getting rid of it all the time.. he spends 90% of his time in the top third of the cage, and even with toys at the middle or bottom he won't go down there. It's wasted space! I'd much rather have a squat cage.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
lindav

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

I have a large Vision cage for Ollie, and not afraid to use all the space available----I have a corner platform he will go on top. He uses the bottom to play with his favorite toy most all the time.
He started with a small cage as a baby.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
veneri

My current cages are bigger then the small vision cage, i don't want to downsize,so i would choose rhe medium cage.don't have enough room for 2 large visions.
I could choose the medium tall vision but i think they would only use the upper part.
Do your birds use the food dishes that come with the cage?
Is the cage easy to clean?
Old 04-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #6
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

I have a medium tall and a small. The small is a sleeping/travel cage, and too small for anything else. It is NOT big enough for a main cage. The medium tall is nice. Tumi uses it from top to bottom, and quite enjoys spending time at the bottom. I don't use the cups it came with in his main cage, preferring stainless steel, but I do in his sleeping cage. The plastic gets the film that all plastic dishes do and I dislike that. They are decent cages at a decent price, and I like that you can hang toys from the perches that come with them to increase the toys inside the cage.

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:57 AM   #7
Grace

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Grace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubydoo252 View Post
I have a medium tall and a small. The small is a sleeping/travel cage, and too small for anything else. It is NOT big enough for a main cage. The medium tall is nice. Tumi uses it from top to bottom, and quite enjoys spending time at the bottom. I don't use the cups it came with in his main cage, preferring stainless steel, but I do in his sleeping cage. The plastic gets the film that all plastic dishes do and I dislike that. They are decent cages at a decent price, and I like that you can hang toys from the perches that come with them to increase the toys inside the cage.
Regarding the film on the plastic dishes, it will come off if you pour sraight apple cider vinegar in the dish and scrub lightly. I always wash with dish soap and water afterwards. This also works to get stainless steel dishes squeaky clean.
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:22 AM   #8
veneri

another silly question: do you hear the cage when the birds are moving around?
is it a durable cage? how long do you have yours?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #9
tijya

tijya will become famous soon enough

I'm always the voice of dissent. I hated the vision cage. I found it awkward to move and clean. We had the large tall and with all of the toys, that thing was heavy to get off of the base. I much prefer a pull-out tray.

I also don't find it that durable. The panels would get pushed out of place a bit when moving it. But with that said, if you aren't moving it a lot, this shouldn't be a problem. We ended up getting flight cages. And we use smaller cages (not vision) to take them outside.

That said, I don't think the tall is necessary. Fifer never really flew around in it much - though she did her flight cage. And Kingston is more of a climber and likes to play but stays up high.
tijya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #10
michaeljackson63

michaeljackson63 is on a distinguished road

I have the medium tall cage for my birds main cage and use the small for a sleeping cage. He uses every inch of the cage. I also use the plastic bowls that came with the cage, I like the ease of use. I also love how the mess stays on the bottom and not on my floor. I find the cage very easy to keep clean and it seems pretty sturdy. I haven't had any issues. I will second on what someone else has said and that the tall cages can get heavy with all the toys. I would recommend this cage. I have also purchased extra bowls so I alway have a supply of clean bird bowls.
michaeljackson63 is offline   Reply With Quote