Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Notices

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge In memory of those who have gone over the rainbow bridge. Though they may not be with us, they will always be in our heart.

Good bye little Jadie

This thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 300 times.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #11
PetiteJadie

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

PetiteJadie is on a distinguished road

I have been thinking and could use everyone's advise - so here is a picture of Luella, my Linnie. She is hand shy and doesn't like being touched. I bought her from a breeder, but she might as well be a rescue and so I give her the space she asks for. Even if I hang a toy too close to a perch, she gets mad. Haha! She's cute tho.

I adopted her because I thought Jadie needed a friend. But they never really bonded. I like to think they enjoyed having someone around to fly with, snack on millet and shred paper. Whenever I returned with Jadie from the vet, Luella would sing her mimicked Jadie chirps!

Because she is timid and shy, Luella has always been in Jadie's shadow. With Jadie gone, I'm having to shift my approach with her - Luella's never been without another bird and hasn't really bonded with me. And I've never been with just Luella. I'm curious to see how she'll blossom and am working more agressively (gently) on establishing a bond and trust.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas in interacting together? Right now I can feed her corn from my finger, but I'm looking for ideas to interact and draw her out of her shell bit by bit. Especially since she's now the fid of the house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8294_1491869560202.jpg (85.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8257_1491870320155.jpg (87.4 KB, 13 views)
PetiteJadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #12
kiwibirder

Experience: Parrotlet Lover

kiwibirder is on a distinguished road

I am so, so sorry! My heart breaks for you...
kiwibirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #13
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs up

Love those pics. She is a real porker! Nice and fat!.

She will be forced to pay more attention to you, so take advantage of this situation. Give her treats by hand. Sing to her. Linnies do tend to copy a little bit. You'd be surprised. I hope she comes around to you. You must make a big effort .
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
Malachi
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

I'm very sorry for your loss. There truly are no real words of comfort at such times, though indeed the pain of loss is our expression of love when our beloved friends depart, and this sorrow is inseparable from all of the joys we have shared with our beloved friends. I imagine though there is some comfort having another feathered friend with you. I'd suggest progressively just giving your parakeet opportunities to be with you, gently expanding her world; given her becoming your sole focus you might be surprised how she blossoms, though her way will definitely be different than that of a parrotlet - their very different 'people.' I wish you well!
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote