Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Notices

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Parrotlet Random Thread

This thread has 102 replies and has been viewed 1976 times.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
Reading your beautiful post about Sky's flight maneuvers, made me decide that Sheldon will be flighted! He will be my first flighted Parrotlet ever.
You want full flighted if you can make it work. The flight antics and tricks are adorable.
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #12
tijya

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

tijya will become famous soon enough

I'm away from home and will be for 2 weeks before I get back. I miss the pets!
tijya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:36 AM   #13
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

Uh oh, MBS strikes again!

I hardly ever leave home, I would miss mine so much too!! I'm lucky I have a great birdie sitter though.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2017, 06:50 AM   #14
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

I know the feeling. I have been away from Jules since last Friday. Looking forward to seeing her again.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #15
kpenguins48

Experience: Parrotlet Lover

kpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to kpenguins48
When I open Timmy's cage in the morning, he takes three super fast 'zoom' laps around the room then lands on the back of the sofa. He then makes his way to the end table, climbing whatever he needs to climb over to get to the pill bottles. Sometimes he trips over things to do this. Must...get...pill bottles. Must...get...pill bottles.

The Little Prince

Last edited by kpenguins48; 03-29-2017 at 07:56 AM..
kpenguins48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #16
Malachi
Super Moderator

Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
Reading your beautiful post about Sky's flight maneuvers, made me decide that Sheldon will be flighted! He will be my first flighted Parrotlet ever.
Sky is my first flighted bird. I've always had larger parrots and with them it's not appropriate inside my house, but Sky so dinky I decided to try it out...I love it. I suspect you will enjoy the experience!
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

Awe Timmy, good to hear your the same old Timmy

Lilly has lotts of new Feathers!!!

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #18
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

The thing is with indoor fully flighted birds you will see antics and maneuvers you seldom see in the wild. Before Jules I did not know that birds could hover. It is wild to see her flying somewhere do a hover and change direction to a different location. The soft landings are amazing. She can land on me so lightly that we can barely feel it. The same for take offs. Wet flights after a bath have a different sound to them. I truly love to watch Jules in flight.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #19
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

After my evening tonight, I now belong to camp clipped wings. Tumi will be clipped as soon as he fully recovers. Flight is fun and beautiful, but the risk is too high for me, as I was reminded.

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:21 AM   #20
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

You know with all my fids I realize it really depends on the bird. Melody and Jasper for example are the most expert flyers. They never run into anything, I mean never. They recognize even windows and mirrors. I'm not sure Tobie ever really fledged before his were cut, so he's still really sputtery and clumsy at landing, and hits things sometimes. I try to be careful and not spook him and he's getting better. Lilly is not good at all, her feathers are so messed up. I have not clipped her again because she has so few and I don't want to touch any of them. She really dosent even fly that much so I'm thinking she may be more of a clipped kind of bird. That's why I think it's so important each person be free to do what they think is best, because once again, everybirdy is different.