Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Notices

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge In memory of those who have gone over the rainbow bridge. Though they may not be with us, they will always be in our heart.

Remembering Atlas

This thread has 15 replies and has been viewed 489 times.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
plutolet

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

plutolet is on a distinguished road

Remembering Atlas

I am terribly saddened to announce that my little Atlas passed away 2 weeks ago, a few weeks shy of her 2nd Hatch Day. I am missing her tremendously and would like to share some of my favorite photos/ memories of her.

I will always remember...

Her sleepy yawns,

Bath-time,

Her Pokemon-esque nature,

That time she landed on a halloween prop because she wanted to be held and I mean it's a hand.

The times we traveled to the Bahamas

The way she LOVED food that was at least as big as her.

This unforgettable last picture of her

Most importantly, I will always remember how much she loved me and how much I loved her in return.

plutolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
rizzie5022

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

rizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura about

Such beautiful photos, she was a special friend. Fly high Atlas.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry for your loss. She was beautiful and amazing.

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
Grace

Parrotlets Owned: 2

Grace is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful and full of personality. It shines through in her photographs.
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

What a cutie. Losing a beloved pet is hard, especially a parrotlet, since they seem very talented at stealing a piece of your heart and soul. Just remember that your parting is just for a short time and you will once again see each other on the Rainbow Bridge where you travel on to what is next in the great adventure. When I lost one of my little bits of feather and soul somebody posted the below poem that gave me some comfort. I will repost in hopes it will help you.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When a bird dies that has been especially close to someone here, that bird goes to the Rainbow Bridge. At the Rainbow Bridge, there are meadows, hills, and beautiful trees of all kinds where all our special friends can fly and climb, hang and flap, hop and run, jump and play, squawk and squeal and sing together.

There is plenty of good food, including grapes and peanuts, ice cream and cheese, spaghetti and especially lots of pizza. There is crystal clear water in brooks and springs are filled with water as well as every kind of delicious fresh fruit juice.

One warm spring even runs full of the coffee they can now drink their fill of without hearing a single no-no. There is a lot of glorious sunshine and sweet warm rain when they want it and our friends are warm and comfortable and totally at peace.

All the birds that had been ill or old are restored to health and vigour and to their natural incredible beauty. Their feathers shine, their wing feathers are whole and their eyes gleam once again with vitality. Those who were hurt, maimed, ignored, or broken-hearted are made whole again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.

The birds are happy and content. Except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind when the bird returned home. Still they all fly and play happily and safely and noisily together: even the grouchiest greys and orneriest senegal, the tiniest finches, the grandest macaws and the sassiest of parrotlets.

But the day comes for each bird when he suddenly stops and looks far into the distance. His body freezes and his bright eyes are intent as he watches and listens in silence. Suddenly he begins to fly from the group, soaring over the green grass, his wings flapping harder and harder!

You have been spotted - and he shrieks to you and then calls your name and his own and cries again and again, as he rushes towards you.When you and your bird finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, knowing you will never be parted again.

Your face and your fingers and even your toes are covered with beak nibbles and soft ecstatic kisses. Your hair is preened by that special beak, and his head bends under your fingers to invite your touch. Your hands again find their way under beloved wings, to caress the downy softness beneath.

You look once more into the trusting eyes of your companion, so long from your physical life on earth but never for an instant absent from your heart. Your tears of joy are gently brushed away by those beloved wings and feeling immersed once more in total contentment and love, you and your beloved companion cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
tijya

tijya will become famous soon enough

I'm so sorry for your loss. Those are amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. I can definitely see her personality in them.
tijya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
laracroft

laracroft is on a distinguished road

I'm so sorry for your loss. Her life was too short, but it's clear she was loved and her time here was happy. Try to take comfort in that.

Micah
DOH: 3/18/2016
laracroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #8
plutolet

Parrotlets Owned: 3

plutolet is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Although I made some mistakes, I know that I tried very hard to take the best care of her that I could. I try to focus on all the happy times and that she was such a happy birdie. We really did have a lot of fun together.
plutolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:36 AM   #9
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Unhappy

So sad. Soooo Saaad. Such a young one, too. If she had a disease, do not buy another one from the same breeder. She is a beauty in our hearts.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #10
lindav

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for you loss----she was special.