Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Notices

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Rosey the Bourke!

Update!

This thread has 23 replies and has been viewed 683 times.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #1
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

Rosey the Bourke!

Rosey has been home for a couple weeks now, and she is doing really well. She still gets pretty cranky and likes to boss you around but she does not growl constantly like she did before.
She likes to sit on the side of her cage, and she will jump down to the floor and run around exploring. I sit on the floor with her or the bed and give her millet. Her favorite way to interact with me so far is if I close my eyes and pretend to sleep she will run right up to my face and squeek and squack and peck at me.
She's a hoot. Her and Jasper have seen eachother, but at the moment they just kind of mildly acknowledge eachother.
Every night when I cover her, I stick my head under the blanket and talk her up to her favorite perch. It means a lot to me just to see her get comfortable with a routine.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2017, 01:40 AM   #2
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

She climbs the bars, that's why her tail is messed up. Bourks don't usually climb but no one told her that.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Old 02-04-2017, 06:43 AM   #3
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

I love the messed up tail feathers. I had a cockatiel that LOVED to climb, and her tail was always messy and messed up as a result. She enjoyed it, so who cares what they are built for!

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
laracroft

laracroft is on a distinguished road

Sounds like she's making a lot of progress! I don't have any experience with rescues, but I would have thought it would take longer for her to get comfortable. I'm glad she's doing well. She's lovely, even with the messy tail!

Micah
DOH: 3/18/2016
laracroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft View Post
Sounds like she's making a lot of progress! I don't have any experience with rescues, but I would have thought it would take longer for her to get comfortable. I'm glad she's doing well. She's lovely, even with the messy tail!
Well, I'm proud of her. Don't be fooled she's still quite the little crank pot. She wants to interact, she's just not sure how yet so she mostly bosses me around and pecks at me. Lol

Old 02-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubydoo252 View Post
I love the messed up tail feathers. I had a cockatiel that LOVED to climb, and her tail was always messy and messed up as a result. She enjoyed it, so who cares what they are built for!
Haha! I keep telling her she's not supposed to I put perches all over her cage so she won't do it but she still does sometimes! At one point she lived with a bunch of budgies so I guess she picked it up from them. Or she's just weird. Probably the latter.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #7
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JP3 View Post
Haha! I keep telling her she's not supposed to I put perches all over her cage so she won't do it but she still does sometimes! At one point she lived with a bunch of budgies so I guess she picked it up from them. Or she's just weird. Probably the latter.
Talk about pot calling the kettle black! :P HOW many parrotlets are you owned by now?

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:46 AM   #8
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubydoo252 View Post
Talk about pot calling the kettle black! :P HOW many parrotlets are you owned by now?

Hey, Just because everybirdy in this house is weird doesn't mean she cant be normal. But she is at a disadvantage....

Old 02-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Malachi
Super Moderator

Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

She seems to be doing pretty well, that's great to hear. She sure is lovely.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:41 AM   #10
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
She seems to be doing pretty well, that's great to hear. She sure is lovely.
Thanks Malachi!
She has now graduated to using her climbing skills to climb up the couch, or my leg, and then up to my shoulder! She will ride on our shoulder and we can now put her in the cage without having to pick her up. She still enjoys bossing me around. I'm very happy for her.