Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Talkparrotlets.com News and Tech Support > Site Feedback and Discussion

Notices

Site Feedback and Discussion Let us know what you think. Leave us some comments or suggestions for the site. Have a question about how something works on the site? You can ask your questions here.

The Karma System

This thread has 16 replies and has been viewed 3486 times.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
Dave

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Dave is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Dave Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
The Karma System

What is the Karma system? It is a system which allows you to let other members know you like their posts. Here is how it works:

If you find a post to be helpful, funny, or for any other reason, you can leave Karma for the member who made the post. Simply find the Karma button in the bottom left corner of the post: . When you click that, you'll have the chance to "approve" the post. You can also leave a comment if you wish. These comments are not posted publicly. Rather, they will show up in the member's User CP.

How many points do I give out? What is "rep power"?

Rep power is how many Karma points you give out when you approve a post. This number appears on your posts. Remember, this is not your total Karma points. Rep power is a function of your reputation on the website. Use the following criteria to figure out how many Karma points you give out each time you approve a post.

You gain 1 point when you achieve each of the following:

- Each additional year membership. So if you've been a member for two years, two of your rep power should come from this category.
- 500 posts. If your post count is 1,500, three of your rep power should come from this category.
- 75 Karma points. If you have 150 Karma points, two of your rep power should come from this category.

Using the above examples, this member's rep power is 7. This means when (s)he approves a post, that poster gets 7 Karma points. Make sense?

Are there any limits or restrictions?

Yes there are. These limits are in place to prevent abuse of the Karma system.

- You must have at least 25 posts before you gain any rep power. If you have less than 25 posts, you can still approve posts, but the other member will not gain any points.
- You can only give out Karma 15 times per day.
- You must give Karma to 5 different people before giving Karma again to the same person.
- Negative Karma is disabled.

How can I see how much Karma I have?

At the top of every page is your badge. Your total Karma is displayed here. Your total Karma is also displayed on your posts.

------------------------------------

That is how the Karma system works. If there are any questions or comments, just let me know!

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Hannah

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Hannah is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dave for explaining this to us.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Wuzzoluvr

Parrotlets Owned: 2

Wuzzoluvr is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Dave...clear as mud!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Evelyn
Super Moderator

Evelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks again Dave !
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Bird Lady

Bird Lady has a spectacular aura aboutBird Lady has a spectacular aura about

Yup, clear as mud...And we are doing this why? Is this like a popularity contest or a way to disapprove of people? Not sure yet if I like this. Maybe further explanation....
Bird Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
ParrotletsRock

ParrotletsRock has a spectacular aura aboutParrotletsRock has a spectacular aura aboutParrotletsRock has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Lady View Post
Yup, clear as mud...And we are doing this why? Is this like a popularity contest or a way to disapprove of people? Not sure yet if I like this. Maybe further explanation....

You cannot give negative karma... so cannot really dissaprove of them , it is sorta like the "like" button in facebook.
ParrotletsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Dave

Dave is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Dave Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzoluvr View Post
Thanks, Dave...clear as mud!
Glad I could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Lady View Post
You can think of it as a way to identify the most helpful members. Or you could think of it as just a little feature that really doesn't mean anything. The reason I implemented it right now was because I had included your Karma points in your badge (at the top of the page), not realizing the system had never been turned on. There turned out to be some interest in it, so I turned it on.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
Bonita

Bonita is on a distinguished road

unclear

Dear Dave, Perhaps I'm dense but I don't understand the rep points at all. There have been posts from teagal and jeanneapp I really appreciated but don't know how to give points. Is there any way management could do that? Bonnie
Bonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
ParrotletsRock

ParrotletsRock has a spectacular aura aboutParrotletsRock has a spectacular aura aboutParrotletsRock has a spectacular aura about

Bonita... On the bottom left of the post you like there is a set of scales... In between the green dot and the red and white triangle.. That is your karma button... It gives rep points to the person that you want to reward. When you click on it a little box will pop up and you can tell why you wanted to give karma if you would like.
ParrotletsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Bonita

Bonita is on a distinguished road

response

Dear Parrotletsrock, Thank You. Got it now and used it already. Bonnie
Bonita is offline   Reply With Quote