Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Breeding

Notices

Parrotlet Breeding If you're interested in breeding your parrotlets, this is the place for you!

beginner question on breeding

laying eggs outside the nest

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 60 times.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Leo379

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Leo379 is on a distinguished road

beginner question on breeding

I just got a pair of parrotlets from a pet store that was going out of business I loved to see them never got to own a pair when I bout it the owner did not know the age all he told me was that they had not had a hatching in the store but the girl look like she was about to be laying eggs so I bout them a cage bigger then the one they had and he sold me the same nest they had I read that everything has to be right for them to breed before we left the store they use to go inside the nest when we switch them from the cage the owner put saw dust inside the nest I put the nest on a Conner of the cage where they had it in the old cage but in the inside since we came home yesterday the girl did no want to go inside the nest the boy climbed all over the cage whent to the front of the nest and did not go in this morning we found an egg on the floor of the cage so I took everything out of the nest put the egg inside the nest with out any bedding and placed the cage on top of another cage were we have lovebirds now they started going in the nest but I see there like scare when they here the lovebird fitting and playing would this affect them or cause for them not to be relax any info would be greatly appreciated thank you
Leo379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2017, 08:53 PM   #2
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I am not a breeder and so can't guide you through all of that. Are you intending to breed parrotlets? So you know, it is a very high labor process, and you will barely make any profit after vet bills and other bills.
Posting pictures of your setup would be very helpful, and I had trouble following your description. Thanks!

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #3
Leo379

Leo379 is on a distinguished road

I understand that takes tideus time to breed them I got this pair not to turn into business I want them because I loved them and fell in love since I saw them I just want them to be as cumfterble as I can have them here's some pictures I took of them this morning the cage is 23x16x16 and the nest is
4 3/4x 5x6 and also if they are going to have hatchlings to have them in the best environment I can have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1926_1497786975044.jpg (93.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1923_1497786995121.jpg (94.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1925_1497787021645.jpg (92.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1924_1497787039105.jpg (92.9 KB, 6 views)
Leo379 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Lightbulb

HI. I responded to your other post. I thought you had 2 females, but I guess I was wrong, unless the female(s) are laying unfertilized eggs. Keep us posted.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote