Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Talkparrotlets.com News and Tech Support > Site Feedback and Discussion

Notices

Site Feedback and Discussion Let us know what you think. Leave us some comments or suggestions for the site. Have a question about how something works on the site? You can ask your questions here.

Thank you

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 253 times.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
plutolet

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

plutolet is on a distinguished road

Thank you

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted on this forum over the years, especially the moderators and senior members.

I know I'm not a very active member but I have read hundreds of old threads on here over the years. I don't ask a lot of questions because most of you have already answered most of my questions in old posts. I use the search function often

So thank you for answering even the seemingly silly questions patiently, kindly, and in depth. You have all helped improve and likely saved many birdie lives.
plutolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 12:34 AM   #2
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

I'm so thankful for this forum.
I've learned so much.
If you don't believe me, just go back through some of my very first posts.....

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:52 AM   #3
lindav

Parrotlets Owned: 1

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

This forum is very enlightening and touches many subjects regarding our beloved birds.
I look forward to reading the posts almost daily.
Many blessings to our forum members, and our birds!

Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs up

You are welcome!

I would be totally lost if this forum did not exist! The problems I faced with Bogie were not easy problems to solve, but this forum has enough caring members who will offer suggestions that comes from EXPERIENCES!
Parrotlets are weird and difficult little pieces of dynamite! I have trained police dogs and I thought they were a challenge to train and understand! Bogie's got them beat!

I hope everybody keeps on writing in this forum! I know I will!
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:49 AM   #5
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

I have learned so much as part of the forum, although ironically, never the answer to the question I came here to deal with, a parrotlet who REFUSED to go to bed at night. I've just gotten skilled at getting him to his sleeping perch before he notices, and once he's there, he mostly goes right to sleep, but I have never gotten him to willingly go to bed, not a single time.

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubydoo252 View Post
I have learned so much as part of the forum, although ironically, never the answer to the question I came here to deal with, a parrotlet who REFUSED to go to bed at night. I've just gotten skilled at getting him to his sleeping perch before he notices, and once he's there, he mostly goes right to sleep, but I have never gotten him to willingly go to bed, not a single time.

I guess he is out of his cage in the evening before beddy bye time. Bogie is the opposite. He flies by my face several times when he wants to go nite nite. Back and forth--back and forth until I get off my lazy behind and put him to perch. He does this at exactly 7:55pm each and every night. He never misses. I am lucky.

If I had a bird who refuses to go to perch, I would have to get creative, too. I would turn down the lights to where he would barely be able to get back to his cage safely. This may do it or it may not. I know birds like to settle down on a sleeping perch before it get too dark, so turning down the lights, one by one, may motivate him---or not.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:04 AM   #7
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubydoo252 View Post
Turn off the lights and let him settle down. After a while in low light / darkness they tend to become docile and let you handle them. This is what I had to do at first anytime I had to cage Jules and Bo.
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 AM   #8
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

The challenge with Tumi is that he still doesn't see why he has to sleep in a cage and not my bed. I use a sleeping cage, and he doesn't climb in it under his own power. However, if tissue places him in it and on the sleeping perch, he mostly goes straight to sleep now. But if he can, he escapes tissue and flies to my bed, which is in perfect view of his sleeping cage because he can't sleep unless he can see me. I use tissue to get him in and then stick tissue through the cage bar for him to snuggle with, and normally it works well. But before tissue, it was a nightly battle of wills. Now, he will mostly do anything for tissue.
Oh, and if the lights are low, he sees that as an even better opportunity to escape from being caged. He knows where my bed is and is a good flyer now. Sadly, light doesn't matter for my monster. Just tissue.

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote