Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Talkparrotlets.com News and Tech Support > Site Feedback and Discussion

Notices

Site Feedback and Discussion Let us know what you think. Leave us some comments or suggestions for the site. Have a question about how something works on the site? You can ask your questions here.

Attention - Password and Security Update

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 803 times.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Yungster
Administrator

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Yungster is on a distinguished road

Attention - Password and Security Update

Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
Yungster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
rizzie5022

Parrotlets Owned: 1

rizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura about

Hello I recd the email today and along with it came a new password. I used that password to log in but I do not see where I can change my password.

Can you help?

Never mind I found it under edit info, sorry for the bother

Last edited by rizzie5022; 06-25-2016 at 12:02 PM..
rizzie5022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #3
Jinx n Noodle
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Jinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really nice

Haha rizzie5022, took me a while to figure it out too! I've had the same darn password for waaaay too long and I'm pretty sure I'll forget the new one!

Old 06-26-2016, 03:52 AM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs up

Smart move! It is a good idea to change the passwords. With all the hackers out there, we need to keep on our toes!

Thanks, administrators.

David, and Bogie, the parrotlet.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
Bigboy

Bigboy is on a distinguished road

Hi all, You might remember me as Amaranita. Since I lost Bigboy I have had nothing to post. But, I do come here often to read about your little ones. Recently I could not log on. No matter how I tried to reset and change my password I was not able to get back on. Therefore, I re-registered as Bigboy. I've lost all my stats (Not that there were that many, butů) But I am glad to be able to come and read. I have no idea why even when I followed all the directions, I still couldn't log in.
Bigboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:17 PM   #6
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
Hi all, You might remember me as Amaranita. Since I lost Bigboy I have had nothing to post. But, I do come here often to read about your little ones. Recently I could not log on. No matter how I tried to reset and change my password I was not able to get back on. Therefore, I re-registered as Bigboy. I've lost all my stats (Not that there were that many, butů) But I am glad to be able to come and read. I have no idea why even when I followed all the directions, I still couldn't log in.
I had the same issue! It eventually resolved for me without my doing anything special other than trying a different web browser for the password reset.

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Rubydoo252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:01 PM   #7
jeannepp
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

jeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
Hi! Of course I remember you. Glad to see you on here. I will try to find out for you.

Oliver May 11, 2013
Charlie August 18, 2013
Chloe June 21, 2014

Baby aka Napoleon 2011 - 2013
jeannepp is offline   Reply With Quote