Fume concerns - Talk Parrotlets Forums



User Menu
Forum Home
Parrotlet Gallery
Today's Posts
Log In
Register now!
Search



Advanced Search
Forums
Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Housing

Do It Yourself

Parrotlet Pictures

Your Parrotlet's Health

Parrotlet Diet

Training and Bonding

Parrotlet Breeding

Parrotlet Articles

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Talkparrotlets.com News and Tech Support > Site Feedback and Discussion

Notices

Site Feedback and Discussion Let us know what you think. Leave us some comments or suggestions for the site. Have a question about how something works on the site? You can ask your questions here.

Fume concerns

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 447 times.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
lindav
Senior Member
 
lindav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Talking Rock GA
Posts: 3,691

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Karma: 263
Rep Power: 15
lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

Fume concerns

We have a kitchen cabinet that has a crinkled area due to steam getting to the corner. This Friday afternoon the repair will be made.
For safety's sake, both birds will be downstairs (they won't like it) as repairs are made. The weather should be warm enough to have windows open. There will be fumes.
I will keep both birds downstairs with the heat on (if needed) overnight.

Anyone know how long to keep them downstairs? Anticipating one overnight, hopefully.
__________________
LindaV
lindav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
rizzie5022
Senior Member
 
rizzie5022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,323

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Karma: 249
Rep Power: 11
rizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura about

My guess is when you dont smell anything it will be safe.
__________________
Lin & Huey DOH 4/28/13.
rizzie5022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
Jinx n Noodle
Super Moderator
 
Jinx n Noodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 11,180

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Karma: 402
Rep Power: 36
Jinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really niceJinx n Noodle is just really nice

I guess it would really depend on what kind of fumes you're talking about...
__________________
Noodle, Indigo, and Wasabi
Forever remembered Jinx
Jinx n Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-23-2016, 11:37 PM   #4
David Miller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,280

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Karma: 193
Rep Power: 8
David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Thumbs up

Hello !

You have every right to be concerned! Glue fumes are one of the most dangerous fumes to breath into any living creature's lungs.

When we smell an odor, we are actually ingesting the molecules of the product that is giving off the odor. Any odor... human made or chemical made!

Glues are bad....period! But, if the glue is water based, then it would be the better choice to use. Water based glues cure within hours. Petroleum based glues can take up to 90 days to completely cure.

It sounds like your plan is a good one. If you want to be sure things are safer, then put a fan in or next to a window as close to the cabinet as you can. This will enable you to draw the fumes to the fan and blow them outside, thus, reducing the fumes and keeping them from spreading all over the place.

After my recent small fire, I had a fan blowing out the window. This kept the odors down. When I treat the home with insect spray ( along the base boards and windows ), I put Bogie in a bedroom. I then put a high speed fan on next to my bay windows so the acute poisons get sucked towards the fan and out of the home. After an hour or so, I turn off the fan and close the window. Bogie never has had a reaction to the sprays. sorry this is so long! I am bored!
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #5
lindav
Senior Member
 
lindav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Talking Rock GA
Posts: 3,691

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Karma: 263
Rep Power: 15
lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to all for responding to my concern for the birds.
Dave, you gave a thorough explanation and so noted. Very appreciated.
These birds are precious to us, and we have to keep them as safe as can be.
__________________
LindaV
lindav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR US DAILY!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC, All rights reserved.