Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Talkparrotlets.com News and Tech Support > Site Feedback and Discussion

Notices

Site Feedback and Discussion Let us know what you think. Leave us some comments or suggestions for the site. Have a question about how something works on the site? You can ask your questions here.

Important Discussion on P'let Pandering

The bird's best interest, or yours?

This thread has 16 replies and has been viewed 985 times.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #11
finchbinch

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

finchbinch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene2u View Post
I really don't recall a circumstance where we felt an animal might be in danger where concerned posters didn't step up and give advice, sometimes strongly recommending they try different techniques. Advice can be given in a polite manner, that often works better than publicly embarrassing people.

I'm not sure what else you can suggest we do, other than being rude and bullying towards people looking for help. Clearly we can't go running over and rescue all these birds that are supposedly being abused. All we can do is try to help.

By the way....speaking of sticking up for 'friends' on these forums. Are you and finchbinch close friends? Just seems a little odd that you both came over here preaching at the same time.
No, I just agree with a bunch of they've been saying today! If you can find a way for me to prove it to you I will! Been lurking for about 2.5 years and I finally got around to making an account

Also constructive criticism and letting someone know they haven't been doing something correctly isn't bullying/harassment

Last edited by finchbinch; 03-17-2016 at 02:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #12
psitttacine

psitttacine is on a distinguished road

I don't know they said they joined bc of the original post but i dont know much other than that? maybe they follow my blog but while i appreciate their support in the matter but they can come off a little brisk for a forum :/
Old 03-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #13
finchbinch

finchbinch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by psitttacine View Post
I don't know they said they joined bc of the original post but i dont know much other than that? maybe they follow my blog but while i appreciate their support in the matter but they can come off a little brisk for a forum :/
Sorry to blow up your thread dude but I've been steamed about this for a while!! Telling somebody they're wrong isn't cuberbullying! Anyways I g2g for now my shift is starting

Old 03-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #14
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

My point is that I don't think these criticisms have any merit as it relates to talk Parrotlets or represent the frequent posters and moderators on the forum. I also think my reply was a thorough and respectful representation of my counter arguments and views on the OP's concerns, and I hope it read that way.
The general tone of the topic seemed to suggest we pander to bad practices, which is untrue, and that we out to have a "heavy hand" or "get angry" just to paraphrase. And I disagree with both. If that was not the general message being communicated than my apologies, that's just how it appeared to me. Simply voicing my disagreement does not = "taking it personally".

I do feel the need to say some of the condescending comments directed toward my response are unnecessary, and to that I righty take offense. This is exactly what our forum strives to avoid in how we approach each situation. I request that everyone kindly refrain from such comments in all threads, not just this one.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #15
psitttacine

psitttacine is on a distinguished road

I meant no offense to you personally, JP3, and I'm sorry that what I said sounded condescending.

The issue I was facing was a regular member and this is why I felt the need to point it out. You are definitely allowed to feel differently, and I'm not asking for anger. I'm saying sometimes when there are poor decisions made I believe people are afraid to let others know in case their personal social status goes down, and info becomes less and less helpful. That's all. :/
Old 03-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #16
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by psitttacine View Post
I meant no offense to you personally, JP3, and I'm sorry that what I said sounded condescending.

The issue I was facing was a regular member and this is why I felt the need to point it out. You are definitely allowed to feel differently, and I'm not asking for anger. I'm saying sometimes when there are poor decisions made I believe people are afraid to let others know in case their personal social status goes down, and info becomes less and less helpful. That's all. :/
Thank you I appreciate your understanding to what I'm was trying to communicate. I'm sorry you seem to be having some frustration over recent posts im unaware of. I'm hopeful you don't feel one or two people ever represent our forum as a whole. Besides, there are always plenty of knowledgeable people with constructive criticism around here to balance things out. IMHO
Old 03-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #17
Rubydoo252
Super Moderator

Rubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to beholdRubydoo252 is a splendid one to behold

You should know that our forum has agreed upon rules of civility that you can find here.
http://talkparrotlets.com/showthread.php?t=1883
There have been issues that have arisen, and we have tried our best to keep the forum according to the rules.
Historically, there were times when TalkParrotlets was not the welcoming and encouraging community that it is today. It is a conscious choice of the forum to learn from the past and keep our community welcoming.

Speaking personally, not as a moderator, there has never been a time when I felt that a bird was being abused or neglected that I did not speak up. However, I am very careful with my wording, always trying to give constructive criticism. If I can be that person's friend, they are much more likely to actually improve the life of their bird than if I am aggressive. That is my goal - to improve the lives of birds and their people using the most effective means. Kindness gets results, so I bite my tongue online and turn my anxiety and sometimes anger into gentle, easy coxing. I hope that my sacrifice of not showing anger has helped birds and people to live better lives.
Just because someone is being gentle, doesn't mean they are not outraged at situations. But if the goal is helping people better care for birds, then I need them to want to listen to me. Which is why I consciously offer "honey."

Tumi and his mommy Dana

Closed Thread

Tags
care, health, parrotlet