Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Notices

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge In memory of those who have gone over the rainbow bridge. Though they may not be with us, they will always be in our heart.

Baby

This thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 1450 times.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #11
Mary in Florida

Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Mary in Florida has a spectacular aura aboutMary in Florida has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannepp View Post
Now when I think of Baby, all I feel is joy and I get an automatic smile on my face.
That is as it should be, when the time is right. I hope I will get there one day when I think of our beloved Pixie. But at this point my heart still breaks when I think of her.

Thanks for sharing these great pictures of Baby, she was beautiful and such a character!!
Mary in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
jeannepp
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

jeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary in Florida View Post
That is as it should be, when the time is right. I hope I will get there one day when I think of our beloved Pixie. But at this point my heart still breaks when I think of her.

Thanks for sharing these great pictures of Baby, she was beautiful and such a character!!
Awww Mary I know how you are feeling. Hugs to you. It does hurt so much when you lose them. You will get there. I miss Baby every day but now I can look back and laugh at her antics instead of cry.

Oliver May 11, 2013
Charlie August 18, 2013
Chloe June 21, 2014

Baby aka Napoleon 2011 - 2013
jeannepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:03 PM   #13
rizzie5022

Parrotlets Owned: 1

rizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura aboutrizzie5022 has a spectacular aura about

Such beautiful colors on Baby. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #14
Malachi
Super Moderator

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary in Florida View Post

Grieving often takes time. We get very close to our birds and when they die it's losing a dear friend, and the pain and sorrow can run very deep. The day will come when this will shift...in the meanwhile I'll hold you in my heart and am sorry for your ongoing grief. Blessings!
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
Mary in Florida

Mary in Florida has a spectacular aura aboutMary in Florida has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the words of comfort

Jeannepp and Malachi.. They mean so much. While its always heartbreaking when we lose a beloved pet, I think what haunts me is that our little Pixie lost her life in a terrible and senseless accident that was my fault.

I know it will take time to put things in perspective and I am working on it, to forgive myself and remember the joy and love our family (including the other fids) shared with our little blue feathered angel.

We have added a new member to our family, another Pacific Blue parrotlet, that while he doesn't replace Pixie brings us joy and love in his own right. This little guy is a male we have named Orion (fierce hunter, seems to fit his personality better than Mozart, the name we had tried on for size till we got to know him). He is about three months old now and as cute and funny as can be, endlessly curious and afraid of nothing. He looks very similar to Pixie in his coloring, except of course for the dark blue on his back, edges of his wings and behind his eyes. But his personality is completely different than hers.

When I can, I will add my "eulogy" for Pixie to the memorial thread here, and share the details of life with our little Orion in another thread. And pictures.

Thanks again, so much, for the words of support and comfort. And for such a great forum.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #16
ginziputzi

ginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really nice

Jeanne - Baby is as beautiful as you could ever have depicted her in words. She now lives in in my heart as well. That is truly a lovely ode to her life and it is beautiful that you loved her so for all that she was. Truly beautiful.

Mary, My heart goes out to you for the pain that comes with feeling responsible for a lost loved one. But if you will indulge me, I believe sometimes we are chosen to experience these terrible things in life because of who it makes us and what we ultimately do with it. Pixie's death - however tragic - made you something you would never have been without it. Pixie now lives in who you have become. It may have been the very purpose of her life. We don't know. But the depth of feeling you have for her is testament to something very special in you. Don't let misplaced guilt cloud that. This world needs kind, gentle people like you.

Kiwi and Jackie
Forever in our Hearts - Tango, Daisy, Po and Mickey

ginziputzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #17
Mary in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginziputzi View Post
Jeanne - Baby is as beautiful as you could ever have depicted her in words. She now lives in in my heart as well. That is truly a lovely ode to her life and it is beautiful that you loved her so for all that she was. Truly beautiful.

Mary, My heart goes out to you for the pain that comes with feeling responsible for a lost loved one. But if you will indulge me, I believe sometimes we are chosen to experience these terrible things in life because of who it makes us and what we ultimately do with it. Pixie's death - however tragic - made you something you would never have been without it. Pixie now lives in who you have become. It may have been the very purpose of her life. We don't know. But the depth of feeling you have for her is testament to something very special in you. Don't let misplaced guilt cloud that. This world needs kind, gentle people like you.
Ginzi, I was touched more than I can ever say by your kind words, both to Jeanne and to me. I generally believe that things have a reason for occurring as they do, whether or not we ever see the purpose or understand it, and I would never have thought that there could be any reason for Pixie's senseless death. But as you said, it's possible even if we don't understand sequence of events or their effects on those of us who witness those events. In any case, it is a beautiful thought and for sure I carry little Pixie in my heart always, it's Pixie that taught us all about parrotlets, made us fall in love with them, and even able to share that love with another little parrotlet who will hopefully grow to a ripe old age with us. Thanks again, for your words of comfort and the wise thoughts.. Mary
Old 07-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #18
jeannepp
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2

jeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginziputzi View Post

Thank you and as Mary said what wonderful words and how very true. Thank you

Oliver May 11, 2013
Charlie August 18, 2013
Chloe June 21, 2014

Baby aka Napoleon 2011 - 2013
jeannepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #19
JustAParrotlet

JustAParrotlet has a spectacular aura aboutJustAParrotlet has a spectacular aura about

Oh I am sooo sorry. So very sorry.
JustAParrotlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #20
ginziputzi

ginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really niceginziputzi is just really nice

Jeanne / Mary - I am glad you found comfort in what I wrote. Just know I genuinely mean it and believe it from the bottom of my heart.

Kiwi and Jackie
Forever in our Hearts - Tango, Daisy, Po and Mickey

ginziputzi is offline   Reply With Quote