Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Articles

Notices

Parrotlet Articles Check in here to read all about parrotlets! Lots of information will be posted here. Also, feel free to post your own articles here. (All threads posted here must be approved before they're displayed.)

3 ways to do absolutely nothing w/your parrot

This thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 1767 times.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #11
Evelyn
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Evelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for posting that, good reading and ideas.
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #12
No bites ouch

Experience: Parrotlet Lover

No bites ouch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JP3 View Post
Melody is starting to like snuggling in bed with us on our days off. She just comes right over in the morning and snuggles her little self under you chin until we get up.
Before you think it's all cute and sweetness, don't worry she bit me on the cheek this evening and it HURT! I think in the morning that beak grinding is really just sharpening the blades for later. Little stinker.
Like so many tales I have read delightful and from where I am sitting painless , but I got a sharp reminder to shave , sitting on my shoulder daisy took it upon herself to start pulling the hairs out one by one , an unusual sensation ,
No bites ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #13
kabee88

kabee88 is on a distinguished road

Artoo has his quiet time after dinner where he will sit there and talk to me with his eyes closed. Other than that, he is always busy wanting to fly around and chew stuff.
kabee88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2015, 12:05 AM   #14
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Miller has a spectacular aura about

Smile Snoozer paloozer?

Bogie has slowly gotten back into some of the familiar habits since his doggie encounter.

My favorite relaxing time is when I fix him some fresh veggies for breakfast. While I read the newspaper, he eats, preens, and then flies down to my right thigh near my pocket and goes to sleep. Every day for almost 7 years.( except for a few weeks after the doggie thing.) It makes me feel good! My Pal!
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #15
sometimes24

sometimes24 is just really nicesometimes24 is just really nicesometimes24 is just really nicesometimes24 is just really nice

Shosho never does absolutely nothing with me
Whenever I take him out he's got to be running, biting fingers, toes, feet, whatever that beak can reach AND he loves doing it on the floor. When I put him on the sofa he hops down (literally drops down) and gets to work.

He's a very vengeful and aggressive bird. He knows better than to bite me and has his sweet moments but everyone else in the family is fair game
Old 06-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #16
Malachi
Super Moderator

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimes24 View Post
Shosho never does absolutely nothing with me
Whenever I take him out he's got to be running, biting fingers, toes, feet, whatever that beak can reach AND he loves doing it on the floor. When I put him on the sofa he hops down (literally drops down) and gets to work.

He's a very vengeful and aggressive bird. He knows better than to bite me and has his sweet moments but everyone else in the family is fair game
Sounds like you have a very intriguing bird there...quite the character.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:11 AM   #17
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

These stories are all so cute. I'm pretty lucky Melody will just hang out as often as she does, but the other half of the time it's chewing on the cuticles, lunging at the hand "game", chewing on my freckles, trying to give me a lip piercing..... Dana is right, she tricks me into feeling secure, and here she comes all cute to give me a little kissy and then WHAMO
We could market it as the new " natural" lip plump. Instant red and puffy!!

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #18
kpenguins48

kpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to kpenguins48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JP3 View Post
These stories are all so cute. I'm pretty lucky Melody will just hang out as often as she does, but the other half of the time it's chewing on the cuticles, lunging at the hand "game", chewing on my freckles, trying to give me a lip piercing..... Dana is right, she tricks me into feeling secure, and here she comes all cute to give me a little kissy and then WHAMO
We could market it as the new " natural" lip plump. Instant red and puffy!!
WHAMO is right! It doesn't get any better, even after nearly 11 years.Still, the little kissies are well worth it.

The Little Prince
kpenguins48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #19
Evelyn
Super Moderator

Evelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of light

I love this article, sounds like my house will all my pets, we all just enjoy each other , most of the time, I have taught pets to do some tricks, but sometimes I found it stressed them and me. Plus I am too old to do all the trick things now. We all love having happy time with each other, and they play with each other, nothing to stressful is done.

Do to close, my birds do nothing for me except step up and give kisses and bite me, oh and poop on me.
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
I love this article, sounds like my house will all my pets, we all just enjoy each other , most of the time, I have taught pets to do some tricks, but sometimes I found it stressed them and me. Plus I am too old to do all the trick things now. We all love having happy time with each other, and they play with each other, nothing to stressful is done.

Do to close, my birds do nothing for me except step up and give kisses and bite me, oh and poop on me.
Yeah mine too. I'm glad she steps up and she does little things I ask sometimes. I had planned on training her to do all kinds of commands and tricks but then reality set in about just how independent and stubborn she is so now I just happy to have my little relationship with her and not expect her to do what I say

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is online now   Reply With Quote