Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Notices

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge In memory of those who have gone over the rainbow bridge. Though they may not be with us, they will always be in our heart.

Ode To Polly And Kiwi

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 859 times.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 AM   #1
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

Ode To Polly And Kiwi

I know this is a "Parrotlet" rainbow bridge, but I really would like to share with you all and remember my parakeets Polly and Kiwi, I hope no one minds. I know that if it was not for Polly and Kiwi I would never have been introduced to the joy of birds and I definitely would not have Melody.
Polly was my first pet. I was probably about 7 and I picked him out at the pet store. We got him as a baby and his nose was still pink. He was very sweet, and "proper". He would chatter away at his mirror and play with us, i think he though he was a very refined bird, he didn't make a mess and acted Mature like he was to good for silly play. Lol He was flighted and like to buzz around in circles or down the hall and back.
Then we got Kiwi, he looked just like Polly only he was green and yellow. Kiwi was the exact opposite and a total goof ball. He would go bonkers at his mirror, make a big mess, climb all over everything, and just full of energy. Sometimes Polly would look at him with this face like "I would never do such things" it was so funny.
We had Polly for about 8 years and Kiwi for maybe 5 or 6, when they both tragically died at the same time from a tephlon cookie sheet that was left in the oven by mistake. We did not know it was poisonous. It was very sad day. These pics are me and Polly. Can't find one of little Kiwi at the momenare

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
jeannepp
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

jeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to alljeannepp is a name known to all

Awww how very very sweet! I love the pictures. All kids should be introduced to birds when they are young. I don't see any reason you can't remember your friends here on Rainbow Bridge. I think there are all kinds of feathered friends on the real rainbow bridge along with all kinds of furry and scaly ones.

Oliver May 11, 2013
Charlie August 18, 2013
Chloe June 21, 2014

Baby aka Napoleon 2011 - 2013
jeannepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
Malachi
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful little bird. It looks like the two of you were close. I'm sorry for your loss. Accidents like that are gut wrenching,but they can happen so easily, just one little mistake.

Thanks for sharing your ode here, it seems to me that grief is grief, and that there is one Rainbow Bridge that all our feathered friends cross. I, too, believe we should be able to speak about any kind of feathered friends we've lost here in this forum, and I hope it continues.

Blessings!
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #4
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the roughMrs.JP3 is a jewel in the rough

thanks guys He sure was sweet. He used to sit on my shoulder and play with my earrings.

I remember teaching him how to step up with a pencil. It helped me feel confident when I was deciding about a Parotlett

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
JustAParrotlet

JustAParrotlet has a spectacular aura aboutJustAParrotlet has a spectacular aura about

Just so precious! We had a parakeet first too and I loved her to death her name was blue boy...lol..we thought she was a he
JustAParrotlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:59 AM   #6
lindav

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

Timmy was our first family pet parakeet. Hand fed, he was a great introduction to tamed, sweet birds. My brother got him and he lived for 11 yrs.
Giving him a lot of patience, my mom (not an animal lover) got the biggest kick out of his talking.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #7
Malachi
Super Moderator

Malachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to beholdMalachi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindav View Post
Timmy was our first family pet parakeet. Hand fed, he was a great introduction to tamed, sweet birds. My brother got him and he lived for 11 yrs.
Giving him a lot of patience, my mom (not an animal lover) got the biggest kick out of his talking.
Timmy sounds like a real sweetie.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 AM   #8
Evelyn
Super Moderator

Evelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of lightEvelyn is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you shared them with us..
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote