Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Favorite Parrotlet Names?

33K views 39 replies 33 participants last post by  KaiT 
#1 ·
What are you favorite names for parrotlets? We've only had one so Sam is my favorite.

#5 ·
Homer, Marge, Nelson, Fry, Leela, Bender, Amy, Cartman, Token, Butters, Daffy, Speedy, Taz, Colonel O'Neil, Major Carter, Preytac, Starbuck, Apollo, Aeolus, Zena, Ares, Loki, Thor, Sheba, Ra, George W, Hillary, Scooter, Grinder, Chomps, Bud, Kelly, Peg, Al :)

#10 ·
After I named Kiwi, I found that Kiwi and Tiki are the most common parrotlet names.

Our original thought was to name her Peanut since she was so small.

I like the name of my blue parakeet which is Snowman. My boys tend to name the birds interesting names. We have Scooter, Snowman and Sunny as the keets. We lost a precious budgie the beginning of the year and she was named Bubblegum. I can't even tell you how she ended up with that name!

#12 · (Edited)
Sally:
Kiwi's names that I was choosing from was Milo, Pickles, Kiwi, or Oatis.

Mostly Kiwi was a pinch close to be being called Milo. His name was Milo for about a week, then I changed it. I regret it sometimes too, but that is just my own problem. :rolleyes: I like diversed name. I still dont know why I changed the name Milo to Kiwi. I dunno?:confused:

Maybe he was just green? lol

Also, What are you guy's view on changing a name that you called your parrotlet for about 4 months now? Sorry, but I really am thinking about changing it to Milo....

#13 ·
I am sure it is OK to change. I call Chipper Chippy, Pumpkin etc... ha! Kiwi is a great name, just do whatever you want. It will be just fine!

I named Chipper after the Chimp stories my dad told us at bedtime. He told such great stories! Chipper is not super different, but it means a lot to me.

#14 ·
My baby is Finn, we also have a WB Caique named Linus (he loves his blanket c:). Other names of birds I've worked with.. Harley (B&G), Sky (BH Pi), Kermit (SI Ekkie), Niblit (E. Budgie), Kissy, Red, Bama and Toby (Greys), Tucker and Georgie (Caiques), Red and Jasper (S. Macaws), Azeria (RB 'too), Timmy (BF Amazon). When I was deciding on a name for Finn, I remember I also considered Cricket, though I forget the rest. :p

#16 ·
Mavric came with his name... so when I saw it on his Hatch Certificate I didn't think about changing it.. I think it fits him quite well...
But when I got home for the first time with him, I let him out of his cage.. and he took off flying... Now I own 4 budgies.. and they just can't quite get the hang of it and bang into walls over and over again...
So when Mavric went flying RIGHT twords the sliding patio door.. I held my breath.. but to my amazement (there are little cross wood things all the way up the door like old school ya know) anyways he landed RIGHT on one of the pieces of wood which is only like a quarter inch thick..
It was at that moment I knew this little birdy had quite the brain in there and he is one HELL of a flyer.. doing circles around me in the living room..
Haha so maybe Mavric from Top Gun Fits!
Unfortionatly I have had to trim his wings because he just wouldn't step up until I did it... but as the feathers are growing in, he still doesn't seem to be able to fly too well..
So I am gonna let them grow in full and see if he still has his flying ability now that he steps up.. as long as he doesn't crash into things I would have no problem with him flying.. so Can't wait to try it out!
Anyways long winded post for why Mavric is just so! :D

#19 ·
I try to go with names that well be different. Que is my TAG. Joey come to be with the name Cowboy Joey. Dandy is my almost naked quaker. I named him that for being a Dandy dresser. lol
Topaz is a blue quaker and I love hippie names.
My budgies are River (once again a Hippie name) and Pepper cause he is grey.
Then DoodleBug cause it just fits him. He is cute as a bug in a rug. lol

#20 · (Edited)
Well, I was supposed to get the white one in my picture, but long story short, it never happened. Her name was going to be Anastasia. I like that name. Also, I now have a green parrotlet, I'm thinking about naming her Jinx.
My parakeets, I used to have a Jaide (she was a destructive little birdie, always breaking things). I also used to have a Boomer (so far, my favorite bird that I have ever owned! He used to land on people for chips, and if you didn't give him one, he would viciously attack you by squawking really loud and beating his wings in your face, clawing at you with his talons, and pecking at you with his beak...)
I also like the name Morgana, although I never named a bird that...yet...
I'm really not good with male names for birds. The only one I like is Boomer. I have a Frootloop (because he's a fruity-looking bird, and he's afraid of everything...). But I really don't like that name for him...
Maybe Oreo? Or Skittles? Or maybe Snickers?...sorry, as you can tell...I'm in the mood for sweets. XD
Or just Bob. Plain old Bob. XD
I forgot to mention Frodo! I like that name for a bird. XD Love that movie, too (Lord of the Rings. XD)

I named my green bird Esmerelda. That's a pretty name, too!

#22 ·
My parrotlet was supposed to be a male and as such was going to be named Darcy (as in Mr. Darcy). Somehow I managed to end up with a girl and Darcy didn't seem to fit anymore. She was nameless for about two weeks because no name seemed right. Finally my mother told me I had better name the poor bird because this nameless business was bordering on bird abuse. I finally settled on Pixie, and now I think it is perfect. I can't imagine calling her anything else. Well, she does have a nickname, Fuzzy Butt. Somehow it just works. :)

#23 ·
Cricket got his name because he was so little (only a month old!) when we got him...And green...And he chirped...

It fits him perfectly though because he likes to hop around and trill. Some of his "other" names include sweet pea, cutie, booger and monster, depending on his mood

#24 ·
LOL! i named my bird as soon as i got him, i didn't look at his personality. Thankfully, his name fits his personality. Half the time he's content, sitting on his perch and chirping, but the other half... jumping around the cage, attacking vegetables, but he does calm down when i let him out. But then he gets mad again. OH WELL!

#27 ·
We have a theme so far for my three parrotlets. The parents are names Sky, because he is white and blue and the mom is named Blue because she is all blue. Her baby who is now five months old and going through his first molt is named Star. Catch the theme here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.